Thursday, February 2, 2012

2012 Topps Series One Error...Or is it common?

I quit looking at all my new 2012 Topps Series One last night because I was really really tired, and the card is not that interesting. Today I was flipping through a few to see if I overlooked a SSP or something, I mean, a Reyes in Marlins gear can be easily missed ya know?

While flipping through my base cards, stats more specifically, I found two "3B" stat columns on my Derek Jeter, SWEET! and error Jeter, I checked the Mickey Mantle right behind it, SWEET! an error Mantle...go figure this error is more common than not. Maybe the cards with the stat column correctly displaying "2B" should be worth more? Good job Topps; your giveaway site maintenance skills now this. I am going to start posting base cards for sale under the title "2012 Topps David Freese #273 NON-ERROR CARD! SUPER RARE!"

What do you think? Am I on to something or what? Check out the below picture; Casey Kotchman #289 Error or Common card, your pick: Circled for your viewing pleasure...

5 comments:

  1. Apparently every non-rookie, non-horizontal card of a position player is like that. Or at least from what I've seen. A huge screw up on Topps part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Moremonkeys: You're right, that seems to be the case. How does that happen? I mean, they must take at least a few weeks or months designing and editing cards. Unless they caught it too late and thought screw it, collectors love errors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another odd thing is that opposed to using the standard 'BB' for walks, its now a 'W' and for slugging percentage, they're using SP, instead of SLG. Maybe the proofreaders and those who know baseball were on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read that on "the lost collector" seconds ago...Perhaps my Zombie and Topps post is coming true..they are a mess right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you're right lol. Every non rookie/horizontal card I have is like that...

    ReplyDelete