Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Management is hard work...

My writing will always slow down during the actual baseball season, of course I would much rather spend all my time and efforts participating in what card revolve around; but to clarify, I thought I would share. I really don't complete sets, so there isn't much work to be done. I only buy Series 1, 2, A&G, Heritage, Gypsy Queen, and Opening Day, which is well spread out through out the year. With that being said, we have plenty of time before the next big sets are released.

I have been spending my weeks nights doing one of a handful of things, and sometimes more. Mondays are spent recouping from the weekend. Tuesday I manage and play shortstop on a ASA softball team for the city. Wednesday I go to a local park and continue to renovate a overgrown and devastated sand lot (look for a write up on this one soon), Thursdays is softball practice, and the weekend is for Reds games. So, I haven't been buying a lot of cards lately, however a guy at work owes me a few blasters I had won in our fantasy baseball team. I would say out of all of my dealings, managing the softball team is the most difficult; not scheduling, practice and what not, but just the whining and complaining of individuals. Management is a tough job, so go easy your teams skipper, he probably has a lot on his plate. After a loss the city of our favorite teams always wants to fire the manager and shake up the lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment