Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2012 Topps Opening Day: Kinda Cool



I picked up two blasters boxes and a hobby box to see whats new, I guess I overpaid to get a stupid Gapper card. Gapper and I have a history and I'd rather not get into it right now...Anyhow, I ran into a few other cards that were pretty cool along the way...









Gapper #M-17, the back-of-card description informs me that Gapper always wears his hat backwards and in Rally fashion...the picture depicts otherwise...another reason tension stands between us.




Aroldis Chapman #22 numbered/2012 blue border. Finally a serial number not 2011. Is it just me or does it seem so unrealistic that one would recieve a one of 2012 of one of his favorite players? I can't hit relics or autos to save my life, unless it is paid for via hobby or jumbo, however I crack SN cards like its my job, even sn/60s! and of course I dont care much for SN...but EBAY does!!!




(STOP LOOKING AT THE HOT CHICK TO THE RIGHT AND PAY ATTENTION!)

The first Topps card of Mat Latos in a Reds uniform #19...sweeeeet...and I pulled two of them.


A Brandon Phillips #219 while making the "Work with my dude to get my contract picked up or I will eat your family and throw their remains to Joey Votto behind my back!"



And yes....This Drew Stubbs #26 "I am about to steal another base" card. Drew stole 40 last year with 15 homers, so what he struck out 205 times, so far it looks like he has curbed that this spring training, he is putting the ball in play and doing a fantastic job.



This suprised me? Jay Bruce is not celebrating something? Whaaaaaaaaa? It's Joey's party this year. This 2012 Topps Superstar Celebration Joey Votto SC-5.




2012 Topps Opening Day? Double check the checklist and make sure that card you already have in Series One fashion is actually the same picture...you may be suprised.

1 comment:

  1. "(STOP LOOKING AT THE HOT CHICK TO THE RIGHT AND PAY ATTENTION!)"

    Haha, exactly what happened !

    ReplyDelete