Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Greater Opening Day in the World

Some might say their home team host the greatest Opening Day around the league. Well, you can't argue this one guys...This one belongs to the Reds. The Cincinnati Reds, the first professional baseball team in American history has almost always kicked off the unofficial first day of spring and Americas national pastime. 1876-1989, with two exceptions only due to weather conditions. The streak was broken in 1990 as the Reds opened up in Houston against the Astros. If you ever have a chance in your life to attend more than just your hometown team's Opening Day events, Cincinnati is your place.

My 2012 Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Ticket 4/5/12

I had decided I wasn't going to go this year. I have been busy with work, my wife is in the police academy, and it just wasn't going to happen. Luckily, a good friend of mine, whom I have worked next to from my days as an Dodge transmission technician to currently writing electrical diagnostic manuals. We are always giving each other our Reds doubles, or throwing free cards, blasters, and memorabilia each others way. He had bought a couple tickets and gave me this one today, in turn I have gotten my hands on two really nice autograph Reds baseballs. Both players favorites of his. I had purchased one and almost decided I wanted it, to ease the pain of giving I came across another nice autographed ball and decided I would let him have his pick and I would take the other. I never learned sharing in school. So, thanks Chuck, you're alright.



2 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Enjoy Opening Day! I'll be in San Diego on April 5 to see my Dodgers play the Padres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye on that Padre Yonder Alonso, he is trouble! Have fun dodgerbobble! Opening Day is an amazing experience no matter what team...It rivals child birth, cold beer, your first kiss, and a hundred dollar bill all wrapped up in one!

    ReplyDelete