Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Browning, Koufax, and Child Support

I had mentioned in earlier posts, my daughter and I will be going to Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) for this years Reds Caravan North Tour. The north tour consist of GM Walt Jocketty, Owner Bob Castellini, rookie catcher Devin Mesoraco, and All Star/Reds HOFer Tom Browning. Well, I think my daughter is going for Devin's autograph on a ball. I actually don't have a Mesoraco card, so I am screwed there. I have been going through my Browning cards to see what would make a good auto card. I didn't find a good one, I found a perfect one! Hell, it even says it on the card. I think it would look good with a Tom Browning sig across it. Tom has an awesome signature and it looks great on almost anything. I actually wish I still had my 87 Topps one, but I recently gave it to someone who really needed it. Anyway, check out this one, what do you think?

This card is pretty good, it is in mnt/nrmnt according to my perception. It is centered almost perfect. and yea, it says perfect! And Tom's perfect game. Cool fact here, The last perfect game before Tom's against the Dodgers, was a Dodger, Sandy Koufax. Would you care to learn another fun fact about Tom? Well, it's not so much fun as ironic, and crappy. During game 2 of the 1990 World Series, in which Tom wasn't scheduled to pitch (friday). His wife went into labor and he left the stadium without telling anyone. Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall, the then Reds radio announcers, broadcasted the news that Tom, where ever he was, needed to get back to the stadium because he had to start warming up. Tom heard the news minutes later while watching T.V. He said there was no way he was going to leave the hospital. Later on in life, Tom Browning was arrested in 2009 for non-payment of child support. Weird huh? I surely look forward to meeting him this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment